Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Girl you have power - work it

That is a quote from a new friend (gay, obviously) that rock star, gal pal and I met Friday night through my ex. He was such a bright spot in an otherwise marginal weekend. Rock Star blogged about our girls night out, so I won't repeat the details here. The weekend can be summed up in a list...


Things I learned this weekend (in no particular order):

  1. Gay men are fabulous for boosting your self confidence
  2. Ex boyfriends often have you around to make their current girlfriends jealous
  3. That same ex was impressed with the new boobs
  4. Slumber parties are still fun even in my thirties
  5. Not all men appreciate a booty call, even when you look really really delicious
  6. Guy friends have no qualms about asking you directly if your boobs have grown
  7. I have no qualms about answering that previous question with a very honest answer (ahh yes they have indeed grown with the help of my reputable plastic surgeon and the dollars I paid him)
  8. I hate talking politics or hearing people talk politics at weddings
  9. I am very happy with my new boobs
  10. Even in the midst of a "break" or fighting or whatever it is that Ivy and I are doing, we still are able to have mind blowing sex (albeit only once all week)
  11. ABBA songs are surprisingly sad if you are going through rough times or a break up - even some that are seemingly happy sounding on the surface (SOS...)
  12. Related to that, Mamma Mia actually is a fun show if you embrace the cheesiness of it all
  13. My rock star friend has an amazing capacity for fun and she brings that out in me (Friday!)
  14. You can easily mistake a concern for erectile dysfunction/whiskey dick with a change in morality - Gal Pal you know what I mean here
  15. I'm not working my "power" enough and possibly have not yet met the right man (per our new gay friend)
  16. If you propose a break or a pullback in your relationship, one should be prepared that your significant other will jump all over the chance to NOT see you very often, and you are screwed if you change your mind and still want to spend a lot of time with him
  17. When you later propose going cold turkey for awhile, i.e. no calls or anything, your significant other gets upset about it, but then later ignores you and doesn't call - again apparently embracing your proposal
  18. I should stop making stupid proposals I have not thought all the way through
  19. Lack of communication begins to create the feeling you are single
  20. This situation I am in now has none of the benefits of being in a relationship (closeness, someone I can count on, daily communication, someone you know you will see on the weekends, a best friend, regular sex, someone to face the future with) but all of the crap (not seeing each other but not being able to see other people, occasional fighting, cold unresponsive behaviour, not too much friendship, very little sex) - relationship limbo!

No comments: