Wednesday, October 04, 2006

I got no big ideas today, so I'll number the small ones

First - shout out to RS's friend Homey. Thanks for asking about me - looking forward to meeting you at the party in a couple of weeks - and things will get better!

Second - work seems strangely better, if only because I am so busy. This is really good.

Third - Hottie stopped by ever so briefly yesterday in the office and looked ever sooooo good. Very difficult for me to see him, but glad he came by nonetheless. We had a bit of closure via email.

Fourth - This should give you a good laugh. Creepy, dorky, fiasco-from-Saturday Keith Richards turned Waldo guitar player found me via phone DESPITE me giving him that BOGUS number. I did not answer nor am I calling back. UGH!! Yeah unlisted phone numbers are looking good right now. He even said on the message, "I think you gave me the wrong number..." but yet, he called anyway and left a message? Who does that?

Fifth - My daughter has discovered football. Either there is a boy at school who is talking about it and one team in particular, or she's overheard too many conversations from me and/or actually starting paying attention to Sportscenter when its on. Last night went like this:

We're eating dinner. She says, "Can I use your computer? I need to google something."

So I'm like, "Homework?" And she says, "Nah the score of the eagles game last night."

What???! WTF?!

So I ask, "Monday Night Football?"

And she says, "Yeah. I want to make sure the eagles won."

Huh?

She checks it, tells me the score, and says, "I'm going to check on McNabb."

What??!!! I have never talked to her directly about McNabb. She must have overheard me. Or, she's got a friend into McNabb. I didn't know she knew his name! Sure enough, when I look at the screen, she's on his stats page.

I still don't know what's behind it. But I do know that I then showed her NFL.com and she proceeded, with delight, to play some game on the Eagle's page that had to do with an Eagles Cheerleader...whatever. I'm totally confused. I don't get it. But it's really funny.

I realize, with some finality, that my daughter lives in a world that I'll now only get sneak peaks into or worse yet, I have to start guessing at what's going on.

No comments: