Thursday, October 05, 2006

What to do, what to do

Two months to go til our birthday (mine and RS) and we're racking our brains about what to do. We've discussed renting an art gallery for a party, renting a local indie/artsy theatre for a party, or throwing another shinding at mi casa that will be a combination b-day/holiday party.

I think we're leaning towards the house, as we can take money we would have paid to those venues and pour it into buying liquor for our friends and better food. 8 weeks to get his done...I suppose we'll make the decision in the next week or so.

We know we definitely DO NOT want to repeat the shenanigans from last year at PG.

I've kept busy this week, and am doing so much better! Went to a cocktail party (mid-week!) last night at a friend of a friends house for a couple of hours. It was a nice diversion on a Wednesday but I have no stories from it. The best thing about it was that it happened, and I had somewhere to be for a few hours. Amazing how just simply being invited to things and being busy can cure the blues.

I have something to do every day this week except for tonite. Tonite I will catch up on Netflix (I have had one particular movie for over a month now. Someone, somewhere is desperately waiting for "Born in Brothels" whilst it sits on my counter...)

I leave for FLA on Sunday, which is my next adventure to look forward to. Granted, it is work and a huge conference/event I have to work, but I have never NOT had fun at Disney World. Hoping there will be some fun stories there.

No comments: