Sunday, September 10, 2006

Bad Idea Gnome



This is the Bad Idea Gnome.

He's supposed to pop up and say "bad idea" when things get out of control. He's not much of an inspiration as he's always got that keg with him.

But I digress.

Luckily, he was with me Friday night. He's been curiously absent from mine and RS' life over the past few months. We could have used him before the whole pass the mints game.

So had a great night out on Thursday. Dinner with a mommie friend. Out afterwards with RS and her friends at a new bar in N. Raleigh. And one last drink at Ollie's on the way home. Bad idea gnome didn't even have to chaperone RS and I whilst we were out on the town.

Friday was even better. Margaritas. Bumping in, unplanned, to an attentive ex boyfriend. (Always good. But fleeting. Like eating a sweet tart. Tastes great for about 5 seconds then its gone.) Bad idea gnome didn't need to get involved but he was lurking around the corner. Going to a crappy bar with one of my friends to see her friend Heather's band - dreading it a bit b/c I don't like the bar - but realizing when I got there that one of my guy friends was the guitarist in said band! Proceeded to dance the next 90 minutes away! Had a ball!

In between tried to cut the night short earlier that evening with a booty call to BF. I misinterpreted two calls he made to me late that night...thought perhaps he was missing me. (Silly rabbit. He wasn't. But I was certainly missing him.) Alas, he was having none of it. Did not want me to come over as he was too tired and needed alone time. I didn't sweat it. (At least not that night...I would be totally lying if I didn't admit that it is gnawing at me today. Sunday blues...)

Did have mostly a good day and night with BF yesterday - golf then fabulous dinner then drinks with friends at Federal. Suppose this is going to be a once a week sort of arrangement for awhile. Seems weird and I am definitely having trouble with it. Hard to feel like you are going backwards. But I've thought it through all day today and am coming to terms.

Good afternoon today. Bought my daughter golf clubs. Spent time at the driving range just letting her hit for awhile. She did great. I think mother and daughter lessons are a must at this point.

Still have yet to get my eyes checked! Put it off last week...

No comments: