Friday, September 22, 2006

I've got years and years

Being dumped. Ahhh the joy of it.

There's the satisfaction of watching and re-watching "In Her Shoes. " A movie I thought was trite and disappointing 6 months ago has a weird sort of calming effect this week. Two viewings so far. I want to applaud when Toni Collete runs up those steps. I want to find my own patient, jewish, lawyer boyfriend.

There's the weird songs you spend your time jogging to. Somehow Safri Duo and Kaiser Chiefs are just too peppy, even for exercise. No, I roll with old school 70's. The decade of the break-up. Everyone sounded depressed. On my repeat button the last two days:

Fool (if you think its over) by Chris Rea

Yeaaaahhhh. It was a minor hit at best, but I've got it in my head and it doesn't make me cry:

A dying flame, you're free again
Who could love and do that to you
All dressed in black, he won't be coming back
Save your tears, you've got years and years

(Those words help a LOT. If you yourself are nursing a bad break-up, just listen to the first four lines a few times. It will get you out of bed. Seriously. It is like free, instant therapy.)

Miss teenage dream, such a tragic scene
He knocked your crown and ran away
First wound of pride and how you cried and cried
But save your tears you've got years and years

(It's not even about my pride. This just hurts.)

Have I resorted to Lifetime movies, pints of ice cream and time in hallmark stores?

Nope.

No binge eating. Lost 6 pounds with another 10 on the to-go list and 6 miles ran this week so far. The love handles are becoming non-existent. My jeans are baggy - yay! I can actually fit into a pair of pants that haven't been out of the house in 8 months!

Have a trip to Orlando planned - business - for five days that I need to be at fighting weight for. Less than three weeks to go.

Filling up my schedule with friends. "He won't be coming back." Need to tell myself that and move on. Miss him. Don't miss his impatience with me, or his constant criticism of how I go about things. Or the words I use. Or how I parent. But I do miss him, and will for a long, long time. Will work on me for awhile and see what happens.

No comments: