Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Saturday, in the park, I think it was the 8th of October


After the walk of shame, and the crazy morning of the three of us getting ready in that room that had no privacy whatsoever, we did the following things:



  • Saw Columbus Circle
  • Walked Central Park West, until we found The Dakota
  • Walked through the park, until we found a hot dog stand
  • Ate said hot dog, the hot dog that had been keeping warm in the questionable looking water, very very quickly
  • Walked down Fifth
  • Saw amazing, yes utterly amazing shoes at Fendi that would cost more than a month's salary
  • Went to H&M, and all scored well here
  • Went to St. Patrick's Cathedral, sat and thought of Herbert for awhile
  • Went to a cute cafe on E 54 near MoMA, and proceeded to have one of the more enjoyable lunches ever because of our group and our conversation
  • Went MoMA spotting
  • Got an attack of angry ass, no doubt because of that dirty water hot dog I ate, and I saw every bathroom on every floor of MoMA
  • Changed at the hotel into party clothes, and proceeded to go out b/c that's what you do in NYC even if you are tired. I'll sleep when I'm dead!
  • Got into an argument with a cabbie, who had no clue where he was going. He was trying to tell me he had taken me to E 7th Street, when clearly we were still on the west side in Washington Square Park. He eventually found our destination after I told him where to drive...he was only off by 7 blocks. Ha!
  • Visited McSorley's - of New Yorker fame - and it did not disappoint
  • Ate at Katz's with my friend T - and decided it was time to send a salami to my boy in the army
  • Headed to Max Fish, where I got another attack of angry ass, and the bathrooms there are questionable at best. The first bathroom I entered had vomit next to the toilet - already! - at 10:15.
  • Felt better after my bathroom escapades in Max Fish, and began to enjoy myself thoroughly, LES-style
  • Headed to Darkroom, across the street, and stayed there much of the night. This place deserves its own entry because our group had such an amazing time there. The name is really apropos, its is dark everywhere, and everyone looks good as a result. You could get into serious beer google trouble in this bar. There were about 8 of us, all drinking heavily, meeting people, taking pictures, every single one of us smoked so we took turns going outside in groups of 3s. We danced. Flirted, It was just an awesome place, with a DJ who was mixing Don't Stop Believin with Timbaland with the Cure with New Order then onto old school Michael Jackson followed up by Return of the Mack and it just went on like that all night.
  • Welcome to the Johnson's was the next stop, although we went the long way to get to a bar that was just down the street. The place was a cool dive, with cheap PBR and interesting hipsters. You get the picture. It was like I never left Raleigh. The first song playing as we walked in was the Cure, and I felt at home.
  • At last call, a band came in to play, right off the street. They had a trumpet, a snare, a tuba, and a kick ass singer. It was quite loud, so my writer friend and I excused ourselves and headed outside to make out and smoke on the sidewalk. We could still hear the band outside, but made our own fun.
  • I decided to forgo another trip to the loft bed, as it was past 4am, and headed back to the hotel with my friends. All of us very drunk, talking loudly. We're lucky we made it back. If I had been that cabbie, I would not have picked us up...

No comments: