Friday, October 26, 2007

When it rains, it pours

Oy vey.

When I awoke this morning, I had no plans for tonite. I have a cold, and need to be at home I think.

That changed.

By 10, got a Myspace from Prison Break guy:

You going to the party in BC? I'm iffy. My tennis matches are probably going to be moved to Sunday. Would love to catch up with you this weekend.

Yeah, me too. I'd like to catch up with you and torture you a bit, Prison Break guy.

By noon, we've made plans for drinks and to watch the hockey game at a bar between our respective houses.

By one, I get a long email from N, the ex, the one who recently fell off the list (albeit he's never near the top of that list, he's just always lurking) apologizing for his behaviour with the women in his life, etc. and apologizing to me for having to see him do that, apologizing for telling his gf that I was engaged so she would stop being weird about me, etc. Atonement. Plus a reference to a song we used to like 13 years ago...

Hmmm. Is he back on the list?

By two - a shorter, phone text from N the ex, more sorrys and some hopeful messages. Hmmmm.

By 3:45, an IM from a person who I used to work with, who I occasionally go to lunch with, who proceeds to ask me what I am doing this weekend (I tell him a date and a party) and then proceeds to tell me his wife is gone all weekend. Jesus H Christ he is after me! Egads. RS and RS2/Hotness - you guys know who this is?!

By 4, Concert Boy, who has season hockey tix, asks me to the game. Ugh. I say I have a cold (true) and leave it at that. I tell him I love hockey (I do!) and would love to go another night.

By 4:30, someone who should not be named in a ford contour has just dropped something off at my house. I see him sitting outside in the car, but 2 minutes later he's gone. And what did he drop off?

10 white envelopes, my 11th grade SVHS ID card and my GASP! college republicans ID card from freshman year.

I could do without that college republicans thing. Ruins the uber-liberal rep I have going. I was young, white and naive back then when Reagan was in office. Now I am older, less white, and less naive.

But WOW I really need these 10 odd sized envelopes. Yay envelopes. Whoohooo. Envelopes this weekend.

Homey - shout out to you! Hope the fires are far, far away today.

No comments: