Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Thanks for taking all the spontaneity and passion out of it

Exchange on IM today between me and concert boy - hours, I should note, before our dinner tonite at my house:

Him: So did you shower today (note: this is a running joke...)
Me: Nope. I want to be as dirty as possible when you arrive
Me: Part of the ongoing anti-intimacy thing we have going here
Him: I think you don't like sex
Him: I've heard stories...

(Okay guys. This is where I am about ready to throw this guy to the curb. He's turning his issue into mine...)

Me: Well, if you have indeed heard stories, they would definitely lean heavily towards me being a slut and a fairly easy to get into bed
Me: And that's me speaking the truth
Him: Oh just kidding with you
Him: As long as you are safe and careful, there is nothing wrong with enjoying sex.


NOTHING WRONG...key words there. He took all the passion out of this subject. I don't need to elaborate on what is actually wrong with that sentence. You guys can see it. Jesus H. Christ, is he patronizing me with that one or what?! All of you who know me, know that I'm comfortable with sex. I'm a bit of a slut. I think more like a guy. However you want to put it. He's making his issue into MY issue.

I've had that before. The difference is, now I recognize it.

He's coming over in less than two hours and I don't know whether I want to make him work really hard for this, or just jump in and see if he's as bad as everyone is predicting.

No comments: