Monday, October 01, 2007

Bi weekly ruse of the week from the Fuckwit

Several ruses of the week have occurred since that last one with the coupon...and that coupon, to top things off, was EXPIRED by 8 months. Lame. Lame. Where to begin as I am doing this all in review...



The last ruse was the expired coupon. There were two separate ruses about giving him and some unnamed friend (likely some 28 year old he's fucking) help with technical recruiters. All of the above ruses went unanswered.

So after that, nothing for a week. There's a pattern emerging, one that exists such that we should rename this to biweekly ruse of the week.

The next week, the week before the wedding he and I originally were going to go to on Sept. 14th, I got a phone call from him. It said:






You haven't been responding to my emails. I believe you have blocked me from all of them. Can you please tell me where I can contact you should I need to?



Very business-like. I should note, dear readers, the arrogance in which he conducts himself. He automatically assumes that I didn't get the emails, because if I had, surely I would have responded. Fuckwit. He's clever enough to have sent these emails from email addresses I didn't necessarily block. I blocked his yahoo address on yahoo, but had no idea (at that time) how to block it from my work account. I saw those posts. I just answered with crickets.

Fast forward to Wednesday that week. I had been paralyzed a bit about what to do with that air ticket he bought me. Some of us were planning on going to NY, but no one would commit, and I wasn't sure I could get coverage for mini-me. Let the following be a lesson that supports that whole Goethe quote (http://thinkexist.com/quotation/whatever_you_do-or_dream_you_can-begin_it/13527.html) in that if you just fucking jump out of the plane, your parachute will indeed be there.

I had less than 48 hours til the ticket was no good. I needed to change it to something, just to save the $300 credit with AirTran. So I called them up, and booked the ticket for NYC on the first weekend in Oct.

I had no idea whether NYC boy would be available. I had no idea whether Fun Girl could go. I didn't have a hotel nor a plan. And I didn't yet have a baby sitter or a pet sitter.

Fuck it. I booked it.

The ticket agent said, "We've just sent you your itinerary."

Uh oh. That's not my email address. I gave them mine, and they sent it on to that one as well.

600 seconds elapse. That's how long for it took to reach my inbox. And for my phone to ring. Yes, it was he who should not be named. I let it ring to VM. Here's the gist of it:




Um hey I um just got something I think you need. I really need to um know where to send it. (sounds exasperated by this point) You aren't calling me back. You aren't emailing me. I don't enjoy these calls any more than you.



Yes, yes you do. You social moron. You do enjoy this. I didn't call him back.

Fast forward to last week. Monday. I get an email from him. Its the itinerary. The message says, I think you need this. Don't know where to send.

Then, another email with the itinerary, from a different email address of his, sent to every known address I have ever had. It says, please confirm that at least one of these is unblocked.

So I respond, definitely NOT posthaste, "Confirm."






Nothing. For 48 hours. Then the stupidity begins with another email:

"Do you still use the BJs membership?"

I am honestly tired of writing about this, and there's more to go. So I'll return in a little while with my response.

No comments: