Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Hottie vs. hottie

Saturday night was eventful.

Ivy League and I were out on the town and ran into 15 co-workers. I guess we're not so secret anymore.

We then went dancing, and while on the very small dance floor at this downtown bar, I notice Sales guy (mr. rolling stone tix, mr. send a limo to waffle house) out on the dance floor with a very cute 20-something hottie of his own. I figure he will see me, and see me dancing with my hottie, and this will end his pursuit. (Which has been pretty relentless btw over the past few weeks. I just haven't had time to write about it.)

Either he:
  1. Didn't see me
  2. Did see me and doesn't care
  3. Did see me and cares and still wants to try and get a date with me

because first thing Monday morning I get an IM from him:

Him: I am here all week. No travel.

Me: Good for you

Him: Can we sneak out for a drink? (editor's note...it is 9:30 am at this point)

Me: You are relentless

Him: When I see something I want...

Me: My boyfriend probably wouldn't appreciate

Was there a pithy comeback? A smartass remark? Nope. There was SILENCE. No more IMs for awhile.

Until 3:30pm...

And he's asking if my guy is going to be at the work function next Tuesday. Ugh. He doesn't quit.

I didn't tell him that my hottie works here too.

No comments: