Friday, November 11, 2005

A stripper pole in Apex

I think we did convince the co-worker to be hush hush. Her recommendation to me was that if I didn't want people to know we were dating, then perhaps we should not leave the house.

I think to myself that I like the idea of not leaving the house. Just having a whole bunch of sex with him all the time and not going anywhere is not a bad plan. But alas, I do need to make a living and I like going out and so does he so we'll have to fit the hot sex in where we can.

After the game, we go to a local hangout of mine, a place he's never been, that is sort of loungy and smoky. He likes it. Didn't realize Raleigh had places like this. (Who the hell has he been dating????) We sit on the couches and get drinks, and some other folks come and sit on the opposite couch.

We eventually start chatting with these two guys and a girl, and they tell us stories about Vegas (which we love) and then about the party they are having the next night. And then, randomly, they tell us they are installing a stripper pole in their house for the party.

That's hot.

And I say that. Out loud.

Ivy League looks like he's just won the lottery. He's like, "Oh my god, I get to date you! And you love the stripper pole. How lucky am I?!"

We make plans to go to the party the next night. Not sure at this point if these are drunk plans or if they are real plans. Drunk plans are ideas that seem like a great idea at 11:30 on a Friday night after three stoli vanillas. Yet, when re-examined on Saturday at noon you are embarrassed to even consider them. God how did I ever think that was a good idea?

We leave this club and our new found drunk friends and head to my favorite dive bar in downtown. I am driving, so I have been behaving myself with alcohol consumption (or lack thereof) but Hottie's well on his way. Bunny and the cowboy boyfriend are at the bar (yeah!) but the band completely sucks. Worried that Ivy League won't get my ironic love of the bar - the unfanciness of it, the fabulous jukebox, the crazy clientele. But yeah he gets it, and he's comfortable and proceeds to do a shot with Bunny (yeah - get him drunk!)

We run into a lot of people that night at the bar that know my ex fiance, but there's no awkwardness with me, they all seem happy for me and willing to stay friends. Lovely.

We leave after last call, and he's tipsy. He almost falls asleep on the way home, so I am convinced that there will be no action when I get back home to the suburbs.

I was wrong. Intense. Freaky. Lovely. That man is an athlete and sex is his sport. 'nuff said.

No comments: