Monday, October 03, 2005

The Angelina Jolie Factor

Corporate Diva still posting here...

So before any more happens with Ivy League Hottie, my Yorkshire boy keeps writing every day:
Hello
Does your company solicit your emails, because if they do someone in I.T. will be looking at you in an entirely different way!
You are indeed correct, Iron Maiden do not have a job vacancy, however on TV in the UK there is a new reality show where the contestants compete to be the new lead singer for Aussie rockers INXS, maybe you should try out, I'll arrange the audition for the 21st.
But it will be with just me, a private audition, in a hotel room, in London, promise I'll be attentive... I am very much looking forward to your visit, and of course seeing you naked! (Oops, just typing out loud) I know of exquisite restaurants which overlook the Thames in the evening it's beautiful. A beautiful view, for a beautiful woman.


I hated telling him that Rock Star INXS is in repeats for the UK, and that they have already filled Michael Hutchence's job. I am still glowing over him. He's gotten under my skin somehow.

Ivy League hottie asked for a Thursday night day, at a local, very intimate restaurant. The day of the date, I had a total hottie day with that is recounted in this note to Hospital Diva and my sister:

Hello
I got your message about giving me a pep talk about my date tonite. I don't need it - I am going to be fine. I am pumped up! The reason, you ask? Well, my day so far:
-Cell phone text message from Yorkshire boy: "Hello gorgeous. Hope you slept well. xxxx"
-Email from Yorkshire boy: memorable quote among many - "If you come to the UK in November I'll be quite attentive" and "I know of exquisite restaurants overlooking the Thames. Gorgeous views for a beautiful woman..."
-Instant Message from Ivy L Hottie about the dinner tonite...much flirting including a line about how I make motherhood look sexy. (Author's note: YES! The angelina jolie factor comes into play again.)
Then, out of nowhere, several hours later, a text message from Ivy League Hottie's coworker on the Worldwide team: He is asking me if I will commit to a happy hour with a big group, and I say that Wednesday moves me to a positive:
Me - it moves me to positive
Coworker - then i'll book wednesday.. .. your milkshake brings all the boys to the yard
Me - LOL
Me- that's hilarious
Me- but I don't think so
Coworker - i'm just reporting what I see
Me - you boys over there in your building are dangerous
Coworker - we enjoy our lives, yes
- dangerous, i dunno about that
Coworker - you are dangerous, beautiful, powerful, can drink with anybody... that is just trouble
Me- well okay you boys are fun then
Me - holy crap what did I do to deserve this
Note to self: Holy crap is right. Did he actually quote the milkshake song to me?
So that's my day.


The date went well. I got all dolled up and whipped up my big sexy hair (at the very good advice of my other very good friend here in town) and loaded myself full of confidence.

No comments: