Monday, October 03, 2005

It begins

I will start by writing about Vegas guy, whom I will refer to from here on out as Yorkshire Hottie.

I went to Vegas for a wedding and bachelorette party, and my adventure began with a guy I spent a mere 10 hours with and never got past second base. To make this more complicated and lame sounding, the man is from northern england. A very sexy sort of bad boy, straight out of Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels or Snatch, but without the cockney accent. He plays lead guitar in a band part time and is a professional smoker and drinker like me. He was confident without being boorish, and agressive enough to be very sexy and cool.

It sounds innocent enough, but I was strangely sad the moment he walked away from my hotel room and even sadder on the flight home.

Mostly I wished I hadn't turned down his offer to have a quick go at it in his room before I left for my early morning flight. Lesson learned. I ignored my sense of carpe diem acquired two years ago after the death of my grandmother and recently cemented into my being with the series finale of "Six Feet Under" and the pep talks from my best friend. So this blog will be about recent events in my life and in my best friend's life (who subscribes to that same sort of make the most out of your life and try and be a little naughty every single day attitude.) But I digress...

I returned to the office to send a very quick note to his email that said something like this:

Yorkshire Boy,
Hope this is indeed you. We'll soon enough find out. Had a fabolous time. You made a great occasion even more fun. Write if you get a chance.

And he wrote back this:

Hi Gorgeous!
Hope you got my voice mail.
I want to thank you for Saturday. You made it amazing, absolutely amazing. You are a wonderful person, and beautiful beyond expectation.
When I first saw you I looked three times!!
The first thing I did when I returned home (20 minutes ago) was turn on my computer to send you an email. Then I read yours. It felt good.
I have some free time in September, and heard NYC was nice then, one problem is I'll need a good tour guide. Do you have any suggestions?
I could recommend a good lunch menu!
Thinking of you.

x x


I had told him in that Vegas penthouse Saturday night that his english accent was so sexy that I would enjoy him reading lunch menus to me, let alone whispering in my ear. So I wrote this:

You made my day with the voice mail. You sound heavenly. You sounded better in person whispering in my ear, but I'll take voicemail anyday.
Anyway, as crazy crazy crazy as it sounds, I would love to see you again. I meant it when I said I regretted not taking more advantage of my time with you, or that I should have changed my flight to later. I thought of you the entire flight home and it brought a huge smile to my face.
I want to thank you again for the lovely, lovely time. I've never had so much fun kissing in hotel hallways. Imagine what we could do if we had more time and a proper room.


No comments: