Tuesday, October 11, 2005

I don't like Mondays

Nothing happened on Monday with Ivy League. No phone call, no interesting IMs at work. Silence. Nothing today (Tuesday) either.

Silence also from Yorkshire Hottie. He owes me an email, but I ignored three phone calls from him this weekend, so I guess he is pouting. Am thinking that perhaps it wasn't wise to ignore him - he's now incommunicado. I was just about to buy my ticket to go to London over the week of American Thanksgiving, but maybe this is not wise.

Back at the office, the sales guy - Mr. Send a Limo to Waffle House - he did send me some interesting IMs at work:

Lots of fun Friday!
We need to do that again - you let me know when
You should have come to the concert...
We should go see them this tour before they keel over...

To make it a bit weirder, I got a text from him last night around 10 while I was sitting on the couch with my sister:

Sweet Dreams

Hmmm. How does one react to that. Seems like a non sequitur. I wanted to write back, "Hello my cat's name is Mittens."

Then, Tuesday morning, I get a warning from my good friend S that he's roaming the building. Sure enough, 20 seconds later he's on my row, walking by, smiling. I can't talk as I am on a call. But I smile back - he is awfully cute.

He sends me an IM 2 minutes later:

Now that's a beautiful smile to see before I head into a 2 hr meeting

The attention was nice, but it is from the wrong guy.

No comments: