Monday, October 10, 2005

Best Week Ever

Hospital Diva is still on vacay so I am monopolizing the posting here. Hopefully, HD, you are logging in remotely to at least know what's going on.

So I left off with my saga on Thursday. I have little to report from the day except for a 1 hour phone conversation with Ivy League, in which he informed me that he would be at the work function I was attending on Friday evening (our work team had a luxury suite reserved for the Hurricanes game.) That would make Friday evening either fun or frustrating in the same way that Wednesday night was. Besides all that, a very nice chat with him.

So Friday, the start of the weekend. I still had to make it through the day at work - we had a big meeting with the entire team (80-90 people) and I was presenting, so I did not enjoy my Friday until all that was over. The presentation went fine, I wasn't too nervous and got a few laughs. Its all good.

We head out to the hockey game. The rain is just pouring down all day and humidity is at about 150 percent, so I have flyaways that make my hair look like the witch's hair on bugs bunny - all kinky and crazy. We had to park what seemed like a mile away, and we are all wearing 3 inch heels and designer jeans that are getting soaked (yeah. i know it was a hockey game. but...we were going out big afterwards and the Ivy League hottie was going to be at the game. I had to look good.)

Good game, open bar. My friend G came with, and she did great mingling even though she knew no one outside of me and S there. I believe I spoke with everyone but Ivy League. It was lame and frustrating and if this thing we have (I don't even know if its a thing at this point) goes on, we are going to have to strike a better balance at talking but not being obvious. But I digress...

The whole game was not lame. My friend G noticed a guy that kept looking at me (not Ivy League...damn!) and she was like, you need to go talk to him. I know him already, only work with him tangentially. Notice that he walks by my desk quite often. He is very cute, but works in sales and thus has that sort of personality. Like a bull.

I don't think of this at the moment, I am thinking about Ivy League, sitting a mere 10 feet away, looking absolutely beautiful and flirting with one of my married co-workers. So I flirt with sales guy. 15 minutes into the talking and flirting (other co-workers flit in and out of our circle) he asks me to the Stones concert the next evening.

Shit.

I love the Stones, and this guy is hot.

But I have a date, previously scheduled from Monday, with Ivy League. Who, at the moment, is not paying attention to me. (I am so selfish...)

So I dance around the subject with sales hottie. "How can a guy like you NOT have a date? What's up with this?" Blah blah blah stroke stroke stroke his ego. It worked, he was having fun. I tentatively said yes (total emotional response) and figured that I would have all night to solve this.

He had to leave early, but we agreed to try and meet up later.

S, G and I head out to the car. We're bummed b/c we're stuck in the hockey traffic and we're all having a bad hair night. We head to WCC downtown anyway, and I hope that our mood picks up.

It does.

What helped was the male to female ratio at the bar on Friday (3 to 1), the amount of tall, hottie males, and the retro music (Rob Base, old school Michael Jackson) mixed with new stuff. G was just beside herself ("I don't get out enough. LOOK at these guys!") and she was groping some guy's muscles while we were at the bar. So our mood picked up, and my phone was very busy all night.

20 text messages later sales guy showed up at WCC. As he was buying me shots, Ivy League gave me a booty call. I told him thanks but I'm not ready to leave yet. (It was nice to know he left his party early, and it was nice to turn him down.)

I danced with the sales hottie, and ended up kissing him a few times.

The ex from the other night (threesome guy) texted me, calling me yummy. Nice. I get a good feeling about that.

But the girls - especially S - wanted to escape WCC and head over to a dive bar a few blocks away. So we left. It was a very good idea.

We walked into our favorite dive bar and caused such a ruckus that a drunk guy actually fell off his stool. S and G were looking good despite the fact that they didn't think they did. My friend G met a cutie at the bar (one of the only normal looking guys there) and proceeding to flirt non-stop for 45 minutes.

I counted the text messages on my phone. 42 all night.

Where are you?
Come meet me
Hot like temperature or hot like your face and body?
Ignore the booty call. Was just kidding...
Sitting in a pub in Leeds missing you...

Sales guy drunk dialed me non-stop after I left WCC. He had many of those texts (but so did Ivy League, Yorkshire Hottie and the ex) and he also dialed my phone to talk a record 10 times in 1 hour.

It was a good night, and I was glad I ended it walking, barefoot, in the rain, back to my car with S and G. I see many more nights like that in our future.

(I must stop writing now. Sales guy is sending me IMs here at work. Yes, he also works with me too...)

Corporate Diva

No comments: