Wednesday, July 18, 2007

2 week summary o' fun

So far, its been little tears and pity save for the first 48 hours. I have some items to report:

Fun Girl and I are just, well, so much fun! together. We've gone out twice and both nights were the best I have had in months. Dancing. Flirting. Lots of attention. I forgot about this. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me for staying in that relationship so long.

We had a night at the Jackpot! that included a ton of dancing (rare for that bar in my past experience there) to PB&J Young Folks and then Michael Jackson's Beat It. Somehow it all worked, and the vibe was just so perfect. You couldn't manufacture that sort of fun, and none of the places on Glenwood South have that going for them. Raleigh Times was good if only for adoration. What an ego boost!

The funniest best night so far was the MOST unexpected. I met a work friend at the Angus Barn, a sweet woman who is lively and pretty and southern and very enthusiastic. She has loads of energy and its infectious - so I love to be around her. We had drinks. Commiserated over job losses, job gains, and my hearing loss on my right side. She set me up over the phone with a friend of hers - a guy she called a true southern gentleman - who she says is sweet and very generous and available as of two weeks ago and ohbytheway he's got a big ol mercedes and big ol boat. Sounds good - where do I sign up? I like mercedes better than ford contours anyday. He and I talk on the phone (let's call this guy SG - southern gent) and then my friend and I go to pay our bill.

The bartender explains that someone has bought my second drink.

"Who?" I ask, thinking its one of those pot-bellied, good ol boys to my left.

"Oh, he's dining downstairs..." replies the bartender, who just at that moment was looking very cute himself.

I explained that I wanted to thank my patron. The bartender said, "Oh I can find him."

So we wait. I truly expect a 50-something, corporate average joe. Maybe a Phil Mickelson type. What walks up just blows me away.

He's cute. He's mid thirties. He's got all his hair. He's got no dunlop belly. He's tall. He's fit. He's got an unbelievable smile. WOW. Not at all what I expected. Life is good.

I thank him, profusely. Tell him it made my night - how can I repay?

"Let me take you out..."

Nice. Done and Done. Two dates made within 10 minutes of each other. And this second one - oh yummy.

He did call yesterday, wanting to set up the date. I returned his call - we're now playing tag.

No comments: