Thursday, July 19, 2007

It's good to be blogging again...

Today, I am good. My mood on MySpace was "thirsty" for awhile today b/c it seemed like the silliest listing on there. In reality I am a 7-8 on a scale of 10. I am filling up my social calendar and my friends are keeping me busy. I also signed up for eHarmony.

That is a story unto itself.

I bet some of you have done this. I signed up on the advice of several people - my ex husband being one of them. Why not? It is a good time waster for sure.

Most of my matches are all ten years older than me. WTF? They look like dorks. Holy crap some of these people have crossed eyes or look like Waldo. Where are all the normal looking people on those ads they run ALL NIGHT on Bravo or History Channel?

"You could be logging on right now and checking your matches?" Yeah, I could. But that would require getting out of bed and walking ten feet to pick up my laptop. I would rather marinate in my own funk and stay in the happy state of denial in bed, imagining the cuties waiting for me in my in box tomorrow morning. Gives a girl a sense of hope as she drifts off to sleep. Reality bites.

Did I mention the profiles yet?!

Omigod the profiles.

One guy said his passion was his looks and his walk. Hello, meatwad! His picture showed a redneck lookin', early forty-something with a circa 1996 goatee and a bottle of domestic beer in his hand. Budweiser, c'mon. Can't you be more original?

One guy, who claimed to be a retired CEO, spelled jacuzzi like this: jacusi. Wow - you read and approved your former proxy statements with that brain?

I could go on and on. As a result of this landscape, I have gotten particularly speedy at closing out matches. Misspelled word? Goatee? Under 5'9"? Mention of God ad nauseum or the phrase containing anything like Jesus is my hero/personal saviour/co-pilot/wing man/stunt double? Listing "cuddling" as a like? Fuhgeddaboutit. I'm closin' you out and picking random reasons why. My friend Harley girl recommended I be super picky - she says you can be if you are getting a good number of matches. Bytheway, she abandoned eHarmony after a few months b/c she had absolutely no luck.

I have gotten approximately 100 matches or so in 10 days. I have 6 open right now and I am not excited about a single one. It is just a game at this point. I have yet to get to the point where I actually have to talk to one of these guys. Can you say avoidance? Here I come, match.com!

No comments: