Thursday, July 26, 2007

Consider this....hint of the century

Wednesday night. Third night in a row.

No date last night. Just meeting work friends, some current, some former, over in Durham at Alivia's and Federal for drinks. Nothing juicy to report - too big a crowd for any of that to really surface...

With the exception that my coworker's neighbor apparently blew Lewis Black 15 years ago in a (misguided?) attempt to thwart his full-on sexual advances. Yeah. When does giving someone a blow job thwart sexual advances. "I'll blow you so I don't have to sleep with you??" What did she get out of that? (Oh I have an answer actually. Pick me! Pick me! She got scented candles.) And it was Lewis Black?! Ewwww.

This was the center of conversation for the first 30 minutes when I arrived. I think we managed to offend anyone within earshot of us.

Lots of laughs. Good times, good times. I laughed so much that my cheeks were hurting on the way home in the car...

I ran into my ex-fiancee (how weird is that? Ad Girl's man ran into him yesterday too...) and got to meet his new girlfriend. They seem happy and are clearly well-matched. Both were as nice as could be. Well done both of you!

Overall, just a really really fun night. I walked back to my car from Federal at the end of the night to the strains of a cover of "Losing My Religion" coming from Alivia's. The universe sending me messages again.

2 comments:

Rock Star said...

All I can say is I am glad you are "oout and aboot" and back to yourself again. Its odd how we realize now how much we missed you while you were part of "the idea of him".
As you know I have to continue to check "our" 'scopes. Just thought I'd share a snippit for this almost over month:

Romantically, if you haven't met anyone interesting lately, a sterling day to try your luck this month will be Friday, July 20. That's when Mars, the planet ruling your house of true love, will send brilliant beams to Uranus, planet of surprises. This day will sparkle brighter than a handful of diamonds, so be sure to be out and about at that time.

So dear RockStar...I ask you this...I was with you on July 20th and I recall nothing beaming from Uranus...

Wtf?
Hang in there!

Kitty Collins said...

Indeed, there was nothing beaming from my anus on July 20th.