Wednesday, July 25, 2007

If you don't got Mojo Nixon, your store could use some fixin'

So the date with Punk Rock boy. Bet y'all are dyin' to know.

Well, I'd rate it a 7-8. Pretty fucking comfortable. Ad Girl was right, the night was going to go well, if only for the conversation. Boy, did we converse! We covered the Sopranos finale, Wake County Public Libraries (Fun Girl and I are not the only ones in our age group that drop in for books weekly,) The Filth and the Fury (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0236216/) Hollywood Babylon books, Don't Stop Believing, Kiss, first concerts, New Jersey, can you dance to New Order?, how long the hours are for singletons between 5pm and 10pm - when one leaves work and when one either goes either to sleep or goes out to a bar, The Jackpot, and iTunes vs. illegal download sites of 2001-2003. We didn't stop talking for hours.

There was a little chemisty - at least I felt it on my part. He's very cute. I've always found him intriguing. I thought it endearing that he dressed up a bit for me. Nice jeans, long sleeved shirt tucked in, a belt. There was no black in this outfit. I almost didn't recognize Punk Rock boy when I encountered him on the street off Glenwood. He's tall and I love that. He was attentive without being obsequious. He's confident. He's comfortable being alone.

The night was just so comfortable but with just a little bit of tension.

I am not sure he thought this was a date...honestly, I am not sure what it was. (Can you go on a first date with someone you have known casually for like 7 years?) Were we just going out as friends? Jeez this dating/going out thing is tiring and confusing. I'm exhausted and its Wednesday. The important thing is that the imaginary line of demarcation is crossed - I have "officially" started dating. I needed to start this, if only to help myself move on.

(I didn't have any, "I'm not going to sleep with this one" moments either. He's still in the running.)

We met up with Fun Girl. She had had a bad day, brought on at least partially by an early evening, pre-date rant session with me. I feel like b/c I was a little angry I egged her on!

We all hung out at the Rockford for awhile. She has, I think, known him longer than I have. Best quote of the night? "It is good to be single. Mmmm mmm summer of '07!" This was said, by Punk Rock boy, at the tail end of a story about skinny dipping post Jackpot a few weeks ago, but still, I am going to embrace the words as a theme for me this summer.

Overall, a good night. Fun Girl followed me home and we were there by 12:45. I had a phone call last night from Southern Gent (older rich guy at the beach in case you forgot and he sounded really nice, really confident without being an ass) and from that guy who went to the Cheese Factory with me Monday night. Also a text from N, short and sweet, about just checking in.

More drama tonite. I'm gonna need the weekend to rest and my Harry Potter book is still bookmarked at Chapter 3.

No comments: