Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Advice to Fun Girls everywhere

From Yahoo! Horoscopes:

Fear can be a kind of drug, too. Just notice how your heart rate accelerates and your hands shake when you spin off into any kind of mental turbulence. You can kick this monkey with some self-love and kindness.
Self love. Mmmmm. Does that mean what I think it means? Ha!
Seriously. I'm embracing the fear. You should too Fun Girl.
Ad Girl gave me a terse (and by terse I should also add much needed)talking to about respecting myself and that I need to stop missing the idea of him. It's not him I miss, but the idea of him. The idea of being part of a couple. The idea that someone is there, ready to catch me if I fall.
Because in reality, the real him is quite disappointing, was quite obviously NOT there to catch me and therefore no one can understand why I am sad.
This is the third conversation I have had on this topic of "ideals" and its just barely sinking in! Thank god I have friends willing to repeat this crap to me! Keep the terse lectures coming...

No comments: