Friday, July 27, 2007

Scenester Guy Version - first draft - more to come

I am a scenester.

I love Air. I love that song from Peter, Bjorn and John. My picture is posted in Wiki under the heading "Emo".

I wear thick, dark framed glasses. I like to buy my clothes at Thrift stores. My Friday night shirt is an old Pine State Creamery truck drivers shirt, which I wear with my truck driver baseball cap and chuck taylors.

Irony and sarcasm ooze from me.

I have lived in NYC at one point in the past two years, and I am always in a state of potentially moving there.

I have contests with my friends over the t-shirts I wear. Who can wear the most obscure band's t-shirt. Who can find the oldest t-shirt from the 70s.

I think the White Stripes and the Strokes are too commercial.

I like a lot of bands that suck, but I have to like them b/c everyone else thinks they are cool.

My girlfriend wears the same glasses I do. She wears shirts like the ones they sell at urban outfitters but hers are authentically from a thrift store or Aunt Mildred's attic. We eat a lot of Tofu.

We drink PBR not because it is cheap but because it is ironic.

I smoke Parliments.

I have a tatoo and it means something.

I pay more for my haircut than what I spend on food in a month.

Cup a Joe makes my breakfast. Everyday. At noon. Or later.

All my friends are writers, musicians, poets, producers. As well as waiters. Or bartenders.

I live in my late thirties just as I did in my early twenties. Only now I am considered old school.

I do not like Flight of the Concords, even though they look and act and live as I do. I don't care. Their show is on HBO and I cannot condone that. It is just not cool.

No comments: