Saturday, July 28, 2007

Beaufort-by-the sea

Whoohoo. Gone out five nights in a row and had a good week at work . Life IS good.

Blogging from the beach. With Harley Girl. She is so fun - I treasure this time. We've known each other for 7 years now and have not spent nearly enough time together lately. My bad and I am fixing it. Its a bit overcast and our plans changed with Southern Gent (no boat ride - gray skies over the Atlantic today) to drinks this evening. Still not know what to expect with all that.

So, Fun Girl. Good post. Last night was good times, good times.

First things first - the night began with Ad Girl at Humble Pie. Fun Girl and the rest of the entourage arrived and we moved to the SparkCon fest. The modeling gig is something to look forward to.

We've come up with a name for Ad Girl's man, but as alcohol and frivolity was involved, amnesia has now set in. Was it Uncle Big Bad? Uncle Dig Dug? The bourbon obviously deleted that cache...

Fun Girl missed the good times at Mosquito. Another DJ took over and the dancing just basically erupted. INXS, David Bowie. Nostalgia dancing. Ad Girl and I had lots of entertainment on the dance floor from T...he doesn't have a name yet either. No fear in that one. He's out to have fun. Not at anyone else's expense, just at his own. Refreshing to see and be around. Infectious, evvvvuhhnnn.

Left and made my trip slightly westward to our favorite dive. No sign of Punk Boy. Disappointing slightly. I'm intrigued. He's posted a book on his MySpace page that was a recco from me on Tuesday night. Clearly made a good impression. I'm taking it as a small sign from the universe.

So the place was packed. We did hold court. Can't remember having so much fun dancing to Rupert Holmes and "I've had the time of my life" in one night. Sounds awful but it wasn't. Danced with someone who turned out to be one of the more obnoxious people I've met in eons.

Let's call him Chickpea. That's our moniker for him from last night as it rhymes with his actual name.

More on that later. Southern Gent just called, and I need to get back to Harley girl. We're sitting on the verandah dahlings in beautiful Beaufort by the Sea, and I just want to enjoy myself for awhile.

I miss my Raleigh girls! XXOO

No comments: