Wednesday, August 15, 2007

CWI, baby, CWI. Cooking while intoxicated.

Quick update, in lazy-writer list form, as I am extremely busy today.

I feel, because of recent and upcoming events, that I am like training wheels for the N Raleigh newly divorced set. I like it, but wonder if I could parlay this into a paying gig.

  • Quick email exchange with Punk Boy. I could look at that pic of him on MySpace all day
  • Email from the new guy, D, confirming drinky date at 5:30 today
  • Call from N, inviting me out for football watchin with the boys on Friday...sorry, I am otherwise occupied
  • Dinner with one of my new mom friends, J, who is a doll and sweet and we had a good dinner that involved our mini-me's hanging out and coloring while we drank wine and told stories about being newly single
  • Text from N about how his ex GF now wants to talk. Good luck with that - I warned you on that one.
  • Email from my writer friend in NYC - telling me he will indeed be in NY the weekend we are all thinking of flying up and yes he would very much like to drink some bourbon with me
  • After dinner drinks with P and her newly separated friend K who needed advice on being separated, being back out on the market, dealing with the failure of divorce (you'll feel it, but get over it! You have but one life!)
  • These after dinner drinks on my patio included the following funny statements from one of us:
  1. See that scar? That one on my arm? That's CWI baby. CWI. Cooking while intoxicated.
  2. Ohh I always say, if he's tall and skinny, he's going to have a beautiful penis
  3. You, my dear, are a premeditator. You get yourself all dolled up, you pay the baysitter for an overnight stay, you get the grass mowed and you go on the PROWL. A Premeditator. The funnest kind of single girl there is...
  4. You did the walk of shame?! Were you wearing red shoes? (Yes, yes I was.) Were they patent leather. (Yes, yes they were.) Girl, premeditation. Premeditation. No excuse for patent leather stilettos except premeditation.
  5. I haven't had a 21 year old guy since, well, I was 23. Lucky you!
  6. Oh he was too old for me. He was 46. I like 'em under 30.
  7. Oh I hadn't had sex in a long time. I was married for the last 3 years. I've been separated for 5 weeks now and I'm hittin it regularly. Who knew?
  8. He's 5'10" and he has a big dick. It's like finding a unicorn!

No comments: