Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Well mom, I think eHarmony just isn't working for you

Not much to report.

Today I have work.

I have also have a bit of concern over RS. Has a Dr's appt today. Hope it goes well. Wishing her the best.

On the phone with my ex-mother-in-law this morning, who is now coming to stay with me part of mini-me's birthday weekend. The bizarreness of post-divorce (its been over 7 years!) life never fails to amuse me. If she's cool with staying here one night then so am I.

Going to let Ad Girls dogs out tonite, and looking forward to having my friend E over to continue our girls night chat we started last night either tonite or tomorrow night. It was great, but got cut short due to my requested appearance at the SW terminal to pick up a certain unaccompanied minor who is related to me.

Which leads me to my next little missive.

She's been gone almost 3 weeks, and I swear she aged.

Here's how our conversation went in baggage claim.

Mini-me: So, how are you? (Said in her best Talia Shire/Geico therapist voice, with particular emphasis on the "arrrrrrrrre..."

Me: I'm great, really. No worries. I hope that you didn't want to return to NC out of worry for me. I'm a lot better.

Mini me: No it wasn't that.

Pause.

Mini-me: But see, he who should not be named was stressing you out. That's why you are better.

(She really used the phrase he who should not be named. I laughed. Guess she's overheard my telephone conversations. Plus that marathon therapy session with Ad Girl might have just clued her in.)

Me: Well, yes. I didn't realize the stress level I was operating at. I had no idea, because I was in it. But really, I'm good. Had a few bad dates, and a few good ones. I'm gonna be fine. i'm so much happier.

Here's the funniest one, which came next.

Mini-me, said in an authoratative, non-tween, deep voice: It sounds like e-Harmony just isn't working for you. I think you need to move on to It's Just Lunch.

Well okay missy. WTF? You spend three weeks in Iowa and take your first over two hour flight and now you're 25 and wise? Are you on the payroll at It's Just Lunch?

I get it. It hits me she's been on a plane for over two hours, and instead of reading her own books, the kid loves to peruse SkyMall and whatever airline magazine is in the back of the seat. Those mags have big spreads about It's Just Lunch...

No comments: