Monday, August 27, 2007

S-a-tur-day night. From T's mouth to God's ears in a nanosecond

Saturday during the day was bizzzzeeee.

Hung out with my friend P as she cleaned my house. I love that woman. So fun.

Then drove mini-me's friend, the one who will never be alone as she has "the list", up to Kerr Lake for the party. I stayed at the party for four hours, hanging out with my ex, his mother, his wife, a few old friends, and a new friend who is now engaged to one of those old friends. Weird mix of people, weird to be hanging out at my ex's house and spending a few hours talking with his wife, but I made the best of it and mini-me SO LOVED me being there, having both her parents in one place for awhile. You could tell she was digging it, and that made me dig it too.

I headed back down to Raleigh around 5:30, and got a ton of messages when I got service back just north of Oxford. Fun girl. N and T, making plans for that night. Double Down called and said he needed to talk. (It turned out that he wanted to ask Fun Girl out. I told him to give it time. In reality, she's never gonna go out with him. He's a musician, and the new rule is: You can have a harmonica, nothing more. Anything else, and we're outta there.)

So I go home quickly take a bath and get myself decent. Put on my oh so slutty Miller High Life the champagne of beers tight shirt and jeans and high heels and head to T's house for cocktail hour. We drink there for awhile, realize that some people have dropped out and its just the three of us for the night, and decide to head to Durham, as we have worn out Raleigh. Worn it out.

We drive. Park off Main, and start walking to Federal. T, at that point on the sidewalk, says:

We should be pretty safe here from drama for all us. Hopefully Slutty won't be here, but at least the two of you are pretty safe from running into anyone here.

Famous last words...just as those words left his mouth, who do we see sitting right there, saying hi to us, from the Federal patio?

No comments: