Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Ooohhhhhh

I got stood up by a friend for dinner (turns out she worked late and was expecting me to call her at work - meanwhile I am leaving messages at her house) but got a last minute replacement who was more fun anyway -L- and we went to Raleigh Times.

Side note: Head is pounding today. This is why I usually never drink wine. 2 glasses and my head feels like its going to explode. Apologies in advance as the writing is going to be not so good.

Run into lots of people I know at the Times. Including, eventually, N. Nice talk about his girl and all that situation. He's all grown up.

He sat with us for awhile and chatted L up, she was charmed ("Why aren't you dating him?") Well...that's a really, really long story.

We headed to Jackpot, where L is being woo'ed by someone who works there. The incident over the weekend with double-down did not end pretty - mostly b/c I think he's a bit unstable/flighty - and she quickly moved past him to this new guy.

So we sit for awhile. And talk. I watch the door, wondering if Punk Rock boy is coming by. He knows I'm gonna be here - I left a brief MySpace message about it.

Around 11, when its the last thing I am thinking about b/c I've been laughing and hanging out with Fun Girl's cousin, suddenly there is Punk Rock boy right behind me.

Sweet. The outfit and the good hair day was not going to waste!

We had a good night.

I'm just going to fast forward to the end of the night - not because the middle part isn't good b/c it was (3 hours of talk about movies and books and Bergman and David Lean and arguments about Dickens and oops I should add that N came to the bar too and spent a lot of time staring and gave me a sweet goodnight kiss) but b/c I know you want me to get to the end of the night.

So he walks me out. Damn if I wasn't nervous. So is he. I said to him:

Not sure what to do here. I'm nervous and I've known you forever.

His response -emphatic:

Me Too!!!

So I basically initiated the kiss (behind the side of my Jeep in the Jackpot parking lot...classy) and...

and...

are you taking bets on it? was it good or bad? whaddyathink?

It was amazing. Yum. I walked around to the driver's side of my car speechless. I guess that really was a date last week.

Game on...

No comments: