Monday, August 27, 2007

He had me at the eye makeup or Pour Some Sugar on Me Redux

My date with D ended at 11:30, and this time the kiss was much, much better. He is still obsessed with my boobs, but I'm willing to overlook this to see where it goes. It strikes me as just him being a geek. We'll see what happens with this one - he's off to Cabo on vacay in two days...

But on to the good stuff. The concert. It's been awhile since I had front row seats to a big show. The last one was probably either B52's (that was second row, but close enough...) or Billy Idol (which was, most definitely, first row with Hospital Diva. ) But I digress.

Foreigner opened - and they played all the old stuff, none of the 80's soft rock shit. We were right/center - there being a platform that the performers could walk on to the left of us. The first interesting moment came when the new singer of Foreigner - not Lou Gramm but a guy much sexier and good looking in the vein of Steven Tyler - sang right at me during Dirty White Boy. Nice. Nice moment. I love front row. Then, much to my date's delight, the guitarist who is also the sax player on Urgent, was playing right in front of me, winked at me then gave the thumbs up sign to my date. The bassist (a guy named Bilson who was in both Dokken and Dio (I love Dio)) turned and shook his head affirmatively at him and then at us. D loved it! So did I - how could I not?! They played to us most of the show. And....the drummer winked at me several times - loved that as it was Jason Bonham (he with the famous Led Zeppelin dad and all.) I even got some Mick Jones action...he came from stage right over to our area and showed me some love. Whoohooo! I love the front row! I've got high hopes.

Styx was next. I have to admit, I've not been a fan. In fact, I was thinking of trying to skip out on this set entirely and go in search of a cigarette to bum. However, I did not, and was glad I stayed. Tommy Shaw was in front of us most of the show, and he was amazing. However, that was not the big thing for me about Styx.

You guys know I don't like older men, but...the keyboardist, Lawrence Gowan, oh my god. He was just straight out of the 80's, all dark longish spiky hair and lots of makeup. He's got a great ass, which you can clearly see through his tight pants. Wearing some black outfit that was just so Simon Le Bon from that New Romantics era. He was a strange mixture of Simon Le Bon, Joe Elliot and Bill Murray (there you go Ad Girl) wrapped into one. Damn, he's probably gay, but whatever. I like that type. He had me at the eye makeup. I'll overlook the mullet. Here's a link to a photo someone took of him on tour.


http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/2130193340045984108BmTdFj?vhost=entertainment

I notice him right away. He's on the other side of the stage. He's theatrical (there you go, probably gay, but I digress) and I'm waiting for him to notice me. Will he? Hello! I'm right here! First song, Wanted Man, nope. I'm sending telepathic messages. Plus I have fantastic cleavage going, seems to help the telepathy a bit with men. Then during the second song, he makes eye contact, and watches me for awhile. I've got him. Damn - this shit works! How do I know? He glances over a lot. And then, during a song that I don't recognize, sung by James Young, where the keyboards apparently aren't needed, he comes over to our side of the stage. He's playing to the crowd to the right of me, then points right at me and says "You!" I point right back and say, "No, you!" Big smile. A wink. Damn! I love the front row. I'm so digging this man.


His big number is Come Sail Away (a song I still hate, but with him singing, I'll listen oh so attentively) and I get some more love when he's at center stage. They sing a few more songs, then leave but its obvious they need to do one more song. They come back out with Styx paraphenalia (beach balls, bags) and Gowan throws his stuff out there into the crowd, except for the last bag, which he walked over to me. NICE. Another wink. Love this man. They do the last song -I think it was Renegade (I am not a Styx fan) and exit the stage. He waves and I blow a kiss.

So am I gonna get some eye contact with Joe Elliot. Am I? I am so ready at this point.

The Lepps come out, and its all shiny and videos with Rocket. Phil Collen is RIGHT IN FRONT OF US. He's been described by someone who has actually met him as a wee little man, but wow is this guy in shape. Holy shit. His shirt was off most of the concert and rightfully so. I have the pics, and they will be posted on MySpace posthaste. On to Joe Elliot. Well...

Joe has...ummm

Joe has gained some weight. But I'm still diggin him. I can't help it. Man, he's got great eyes. And still has great hair. He might be the only man alive who I would rather see in a mullet, although I was clearly digging that guy from Styx and he's kind of got a mullet. Anyway. He's not nearly as good as the other guys at making eye contact with the front row, but he's got a camera on him some of the time and he needs to be looking right into it.

I surprisingly get a lot of attention from the drummer. Sweet! Lots of smiles. A wink. God I love the front row. Thank god for cleavage.

I do get two moments of eye contact with Joe. The first is during Foolin, and its a really nice 5 seconds of him singing a verse right to me. Oh thank you lord. Thankyou thankyou thankyou! D was like, don't distract him, he's going to mess up! Oh pulease...

Photograph, as usual, was my favorite song of theirs, live or recorded. Amazing. Amazing. There's just so much of me and my history wrapped up in that song - hearing it first in Kentucky, watching Def Leppard videos with attorney girl, listening to it in college, playing on random jukeboxes, dancing to that song even today with my iPod.

During Pour Some Sugar on me, the cameras spent some time on the audience a few times. Guess who was the big winner, and got herself up on all those video screens (all four of them - two on stage and two on each side of the stage)?? Guess? Guess! Who's the big winner? That's right, I sang/lip synched an entire chorus of that song on the big screen. I did not watch myself as I was too busy staring into the camera guy directly in front of me, but D said it was amazing and that anyone who knew me at the concert would definitely know it was me and my boobs up there on those screens. I only wish Fun Girl had seen it, because she would be laughing her ass off at me.

One more Joe moment, during Rock of Ages, I got some eye contact. Nice. Nice way to end it all. They left the stage, and the drummer gave me a sweet wave.

I love the front row. I fucking love the front row. Tonite was total success. I had the most amazing time.

And I am seriously thinking of traveling to see Styx...

No comments: