Thursday, August 09, 2007

Everything is wonderful, being here is heavenly

Another opening lyric. Once again, the well is dry when it comes to clever titles - not much going on midweek.

I've made a CD for Fun Girl. She and her former fella of her dreams made me one last fall that has stayed in continuous rotation since, and helped immensely - especially in the past few weeks. It's the CD that introduced me to the song whose lyrics have named this blog, as well as the Social Distortion song that I have since adopted as my own personal theme music in the past 5 weeks. (I should have been listening to this one song continuously all spring as my self esteem melted away, but lesson learned.)

She's exotic but not foreign, built like an old Cadillac
She's a knockout
Once she's left your life she ain't nevercomin' back
She's a knockout

I digress.

So Fun Girl's CD has these tunes (plus more!) on it and I'm listing them so she'll meet up with me and actually take the CD off my hands:

  1. Young Folks (PB&J)
  2. Achin' To Be (The Replacements)
  3. Her Way of Praying (Jesus and Mary Chain)
  4. Natural One (Folk Implosion)
  5. Someday, Someway (Marshall Crenshaw)

and for pure cheese value:

  1. Little Red Corvette (Prince)
  2. U+UR Hand (Pink)
  3. Chorus (Erasure)

and because I cannot burn a CD without putting this song on it and Ad Girl you will laugh at this one:

  1. Astounded (Bran Van 3000)

Yeah, that one is still still still overplayed here at mi casa. Good to know some things don't change.

There's more than that, plus a set of Ginsu knives if you act now!

I got nothing interesting for you guys. Just a lot of work and an awful lot of daydreaming.

No drama, thankfully.

No comments: