Friday, August 17, 2007

Ticket to ride

Out with the girls last night to Tavern at Second Empire. I don't like that place nearly as much as I used to.

There was five of us. A woman who I used to work with, who I went out to dinner with two days ago, another "mom" friend (she came over for drinks last week), Ad Girl, and a friend of the first woman I mentioned.

The funniest part of the evening came when the "friend"started telling stories about how she knows Ticket. Remember him? Check back to the earliest posts - the one about the limo ride to Waffle House - if you need to be refreshed. He's now married, but apparently as much of a player as ever. Doing all the same things he was doing 18 months ago - constant pinging, asking to go have drinks at 10:30 in the morning (she calls him salt lick b/c he must always be thirsty) and just being persistent.

What was funny was that she didn't seem all that amused by the fact that I told her stories of him doing this same exact shit back in the day. In fact, she seemed to be let down a bit. Oh well.

Got a text from N saying they were at the Times. By the time we were finished eating, he was home. Have no idea what's going on with him. I would imagine he is still in relationship limbo.

Somehow, on purpose or on accident, we got separated from them as we were leaving. Fine with me...

Ad Girl and I went farther downtown and drank a bit on Blount Street. I got my free bourbon from my bartender friend at one place, then we went next door to hang out for awhile. While nothing earth shattering happened, we did have a good albeit low-key time.

I did not run into Punk Boy, but ran into people who know him.

Tonite -High School Musical 2 sleepover for mini-me. The fun never ends.

No comments: