Thursday, August 23, 2007

Your Latest Trick

I have a 9th and 10th grade bf that I think about from time to time...

And, as of late, as in all periods of, ahem, reflection in my life, I have been thinking of him more often. Especially since the short conversation, two weeks ago, with Attorney Girl, who pointed out that said BF's name is an almost exact replica of Social Moron's name - same first, and almost same sounding last - right down to number of syllables and ending. And she pointed out that they both look similiar. And they are both very very preppy and almost WASPy. (New Caanan in the house!) The old BF in that, I played hockey and attended boarding school, staight outta Love Story way. And Social Moron with the one accomplishment in his life -Ivy League college.

But I digress. For a reason.

After this thinking, this putting it out there to the universe, I got an email the other day on Linked In. You can imagine my suprise when my inbox said (insert his real name here) wants to connect on Linked In. I clicked on the email. It was not the canned request I so often get. He had customized it:

Hi (insert my name here)!
Look at us now, going from teenage love notes to connecting on Linked In. How far we have come! Hope you are well. I think of you often.

So I accepted the invite to connect. And I wrote him back.

Hi (insert the usual)!
Indeed! I am well, still here in NC. Hope you are well too! Let me know if you are ever in town and we can grab coffee or a drink and catch up after all this time. I think of you often as well....

And I sent it.

And I waited. I am PMSing, so the wait became ridiculous. Nothing that day. Nothing yesterday. I checked email so many times. I was OCD about it. I was jonesing about it last night. Listening to old songs - the title of this post is big one from that time -and just obsessing.

And then, I go to check my email today. And as the inbox is opening up, I'm muttering to myself: damnit. write me. this is ridiculous. you send me this note. you get me all hot. then nothing? what is this. damn you.

And there was the note. I'll cut and paste it as I have it framed on my desk already. Just kidding. Really.

Hey (you guys know who I am),
I plan to be in the RDU area after labor day weekend. Are you in-town? I'd like to plan my trip to ensure that we'll be able to see one-another so let me know what yoiur schedule is.

I hope all is well with you and look forward to seeing you.

Love,
(his real name)


Well. My little present for today. More inspiration to look my best. Two weeks to go.

PS- Attorney girl predicts he hasn't aged well. We'll do a poll next week to see how everyone here feels it will go.

No comments: