Monday, August 06, 2007

Roll me in designer sheets

Damn.

What a perfectly fabulous weekend.

I don't even know where to start - it was so fun and jam packed that I had no time to post.

Friday afternoon there were some email exchanges with Punk Rock boy, asking to meet up...drink some wine and watch movies at his place. The promise of no shot drinking. LOL. I told him I had early night plans with the girls but would be glad to call/meet up with him after 9:30.

He left me his number and said I'll be your lover's lover's alibi.

So I wrote back: Roll me in designer sheets I'll never get enough. See you tonite.

Friday plans changed slightly - no gallery walk. Ad Girl and I had a GREAT dinner outside at R Times. I think that is a something we should make part of every night we go out and about on the town. Love the wedge salad and the people watching. I'm helping Uncle Big Bad with his fantasy football league - something fun to do! Yay!

And I loved the excitement of knowing I was going to meet up with him.

So I go over. We drink wine. We get in bed. No details here, just that he is one sexy mf. Confident in who he is. It was good. My reaction:


That was a long time coming!

And I meant that both in the short term sense - that I needed that after 6 weeks of celibacy - and the long term sense -which is, we've been eyeing each other for years and wondering what this would be like. It did not disappoint. I also think, perhaps most importantly, it was good because it is yet one more line of demarcation I have crossed over, leaving my old relationship behind. And not with someone anonymous, or someone awkward. With someone interesting and confident and a friend.

It is good to know that I can do this and do it well with someone other that Mr. Whack a mole.

So we decide, at midnight, to go up to Jpot! We enter the bar and go separate ways while in there, then decide aw fuck it let people talk about us hanging out. We find my friend L and proceed to have a very, very good time.

The best moment of all? I'm going to sound like a schoolgirl but this was a really erotic 3 minutes and who knew that would be possible in a dive bar. Find your happiness where you can. Here goes:

They were playing good music all night. We were on the dark side of the bar, the dancing side, up against the actual counter and its really really crowded. We don't know a lot of people, but there's a small smattering of regulars here and there. He's standing right beside me, and its killing me to be this close (especially basking in the glow of our pre-Jackpot Delite) so there's all this good tension in the air.

Kate Bush's Running Up that Hill (A Deal With God) comes on.

This is what attorney girl calls a sign from the universe.


Do you want to feel how it feels?

Oh! this is an important song. Attorney Girl can vouch for this. One of those songs for me that just sounds like sex. It's all dark and mysterious, and I'm nostalgic for it as it came out when I was in 9th grade. I played it all the time. Even on through college. The CD is still in my bookcase. It still gets played. All the time.


Do you want to hear about the deal we're makin?

So this song is playing. It's dark. The alcohol is flowing. He's right by me, inches behind me.


It's you and me....

And I feel him move his hand, slowly, to me.


Tell me we both matter.

And he ever so carefully moves his finger down to the small of my back.


Unaware and tearing you asunder.


God. This is just too much. I think he knows what he's doing to me. And he's just fine with it.

See if I only could...

I move my hand, just as slowly, to the side of my thigh. Near his.


It's you and me. It's you and me. You won't be unhappy.

He reaches down and takes it. Forever for him to get all his fingers around mine. Time is moving in slow motion, but the song is still playing.


Come on baby. Come on darlin.
Let me steal this moment from now.

He lingers there for awhile. He's carrying on a conversation with somebody behind me, trying to divert attention to the fact that he's standing too close to me. He squeezes my hand. Then he brushes against my thigh.

Make a deal with god...


Yeah, this is good. It was the most satisfying three minutes I've experienced in months.

More later. I have the rest of the weekend to update you on...

No comments: