Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Love Bites and so do thunderstorms

http://www.defleppard.com/news/news_item.asp?item=221

I am too lazy to share the details, but the show was cancelled. Our seats were soaking wet too. The roof was partially blown off and the stage, the equipment, and the first five rows were under water. I don't know what Joe Elliot was doing last night, but it wasn't me.

That being said, those seats we had COULD NOT have been better located. Front row, center. And they were over, well over, $300 a piece. That with the VIP pass might make this the most expensive second date I have ever been on.

If the show is rescheduled, he's promised a re-do on our date as well.

We made the best of it. People watched. Drank a big, big beer. Talked a lot while stuck in traffic. (Ohh the car is indeed so much better than that Ford Contour I was so familiar with...) Went to the Saucer for a drinky drink. He showed me is plate on the ceiling - #258 I think, and I didn't have the heart to tell him I had serious history/friendship with #2. Moved on to The Borough. Punk Boy was already running through my head at that point, so it didn't help seeing his old roommate/guy who talks low and works at Rockford sitting at the bar.

There was a kiss goodnight. A little too eager. He can be taught though. There's potential here, he's on the list, in spite of his ridiculous pre-occupation with my boobs. (Only I can be that preoccupied with them...its unhealthy if he is.)

Muchas gracias, Fun Girl, for the time spent with mini-me. You're a doll. And you'll be a great mom some day. Bless your heart, thinking I would be mad b/c you didn't serve vegetables. I'm not a mom that sweats that kind of shit. She gets her veggies when she can, and when she doesn't, she doesn't. It all evens out. Some days have to be about the Hot Pockets and brownies.

PS he's still a dick. Even today. He's a dick. Just keep saying that.

More later, gotta work...

No comments: